Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Canon T2i Returns from Gary Honis; Some Accessories for It

My camera is back from Gary Honis, its Baader modification complete. Now stop me if you've heard this before: The imaging weather looks to be bad for the next week or so. *sigh*

So let's talk accessories. Last time I wrote a little about the Neewer shutter control. Now that the camera is back I've been able to give the controller a try. I'm happy to say that it works flawlessly with the T2i.

Three other things I've gotten for the camera work great, too.

The Photive battery charged nicely, but only time will tell how well it serves for astrophotography. I've got three batteries in all (two are original Canons) and my hope is that together they can supply enough power for one full night of imaging.

The Neewer AC power adapter also runs the camera nicely. After the batteries fail I can switch over to an inverter or my Duracell battery with its built in inverter.

An M42/Canon EOS lens adapter also seems solid and lets my ancient Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 fixed-focus lens focus at infinity. I also have a big old 400mm lens that can use the adapter. I'll probably never image with that lens because it's so similar in focal length to my AT65. That and its optical quality is nowhere near that of the little scope.


When the skies finally clear it will be time to test Honin's work. I hope to travel north to a friend's home (with darker sky) and see what it does with the AT65 and IC 1396.

No comments:

Post a Comment