Saturday, May 16, 2015

Another Star Party Cloud-Out; Camera update

Today is the Saturday of the Two Rivers Spring Star Party and I'm posting this blog when I should be enjoying dark skies. The sad fact is that the entire run of the party has been filled with of clouds and rain and I've bailed out rather than sit in a tent for the remainder of the party.

AMENDED: The IR Satellite loop suggests that Saturday night is starting out clear. It won't stay that way, though; by midnight or 1 A.M. clouds will cover from the west. It still wouldn't have been a suitable night for my imaging.

A tale of woe: My last several parties are the Iowa Star Party (two out of two nights unsuitable), The Northern Nights Star Fest (three out of four cloudy/rainy nights) and now the TRSSP (three out of three cloudy/rainy nights). That gives me a whopping one night out of nine that I could see the stars.

The next star party is the Nebraska Star Party in July. Maybe I should ask them to pay me to stay away.



The T2i arrived sooner than expected! It's amazingly clean--it looks almost brand new, and more importantly looks to be 100% functional. I've communicated with Gary Honis about the modification, and he's got a slot open at the end of May. Maybe I'll have the modded camera back in time for the NSP? It could ride my CG-5 mount and do wide-field imaging while I'm using the CCD for other objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment