Tuesday, July 15, 2014

No Luck With the State Fair; Weather Update

Just a quick update--my entry into the Fine Arts competition was not accepted. That means I get to keep my nicely framed picture, although I'll probably make it a gift to someone.

Unfortunately the judges don't give explanations for their decisions. I'm going to speculate that it was seen as lacking a sufficient element of artistic merit. If that's their reasoning, I can certainly understand it.



The long-term forecast for conditions during the Jeffers star party suggests that the very cool weather we've been experiencing will come to an end just before the party begins. Temperatures will climb into the low 90s with dew points in the low 70s. Typical steamy Jeffers weather, and if it persists into the following week and the Nebraska Star Party, there may be some big bad thunderstorms to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment