Sunday, January 29, 2012

Clouds = Time to Plan

It's been cloudy, and that means time for making plans.  I now have my cables in order for doing upgrades to my mounts. It took a few tries, but I now have my CG5-ASGT updated. It can now do all-star polar alignments just like my CGEM. I really like this way of doing polar alignments. It's fast, reasonable accurate, and simple to do.

Next up is the CGEM. I'm going to look at its tracking. The last night it was producing "V"s, a back and forth motion in RA coupled with a motion in DEC (which may  be a drift caused by polar misalignment). I've got to make a "before" chart of mount periodic error, then run PHD and PECTOOL to see what they can do to correct this. It will probably take a couple of clear nights, so no imaging in the immediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment